Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Pride and Prejudice Monologue

My favorite movie/book of all time is Pride and Prejudice. I was watching it for the millionth time this past weekend, and I decided that I wanted to do Elizabeth's monologue when she refuses Mr. Darcy. I did that today, June 4, 2013 during class. For my setting, I projected a picture of Mr. Darcy in the rain onto the screen and had the class sit with facing me with their backs to him, so it was like I was talking to him but they could still see my face. I thought it went really well because I love the character of Elizabeth and I'm able to channel her personality. Yet, the one thing I noticed with this, that Mrs. Burke pointed out as well, is that I often portray strong characters. Next year, I'm going to work on trying act outside my comfort zone, by being someone wish-washy or not as confident. I think that'll be a good experience for me to experiment with other types of characters. In fact, we talked in class about possibly doing some monologues or some initiation into theatre on the first day of school. Mrs. Burke was telling us how up at Penn State, the first day of Theatre 100, 2 grad students always stage a fight, so we were thinking something like that might be really fun! We're going to try to plan it out of the summer.

This is the picture of Mr. Darcy I used:

booksteame.com

No comments:

Post a Comment