Monday, June 3, 2013

Blood Wedding Monoluge

So during second marking period, I had taken notes in my Blood Wedding book for extra credit, but I didn't need, so I asked Mrs. Burke if I could so something in relation to it for extra credit. She said yes, and I chose one of the bride's monologues from the end of the play when the bridegroom's mother discovers her. I thought it was interesting because the bride was so clearly trying to deceive the woman, yet she was almost convincing. I wore a white dress with sneakers because she was a "runaway" bride. I took the class outside to a wig willow tree. I stood next to the tree, and the class either sat or stood nearby. I wanted to do this to give it the woodsy feel because this scene took place after the bride is discovered in the woods. I think it went really well. I felt more comfortable with everyone being immediately in front of me in a fairly casual setting. Also, I really felt like I could actually get into the character of the bride because I understood this scene, and I really liked it. Overall, it was a fun experience with theatre in a different setting, which often adds to the quality of the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment