Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Anne of Green Gables

So ever since the summer started, I have started reading books for fun again--AND IT'S THE BEST THING EVER!!! I don't really have time for pleasure reading during the school year, so I take advantage of my free time in the summer. One of my favorite books as a kid was Anne of Green Gables. I always wanted to be like her and I read that entire series. So, when I saw I could read it for free on my phone, I got it and started reading it. Anne is an outgoing girl, and she gets into doing recitations, one of which she performs in front a lot of people in town. Her experiences reminded me a lot of what we do in theatre, especially our monologues. We have much of the same process: memorizing the excerpt, interpreting it, and performing it, which is just what Anne did. It made me happy that Anne and I have something in common after all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment