Sunday, January 13, 2013

New PPP

We have our new PPP assigned, and it is due February 1st! I chose the stimuli of "Teachings of the Seven Grandfathers." This is the teachings of a Native American people in how they should treat people in life. I chose this because I have always been fascinated with Native American culture. My great-grandmother is believed to be half Native American, but my grandmother refuses to talk about it, so we'll never know. Therefore, I've always wanted to learn more about my possible heritage, hence my interest in this topic. I'm really excited to get started. My plan is to write a play centering around these teachings. Each scene will feature one of the seven teachings, which are being taught to a young girl by her old grandfather. He wants her to appreciate their heritage more, while she longs to be a normal American kid. But eventually she realizes that the values her grandfather wants to instill in her are a good thing to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment