Sunday, August 25, 2013

Summer Assignment #1

Over the summer, we were given several assignments to complete for our theatre class. The first was a "Get to Know You" post:
Hi, I'm Hali McKinley Lester and I'm a senior (wow that's weird I was about to type junior). I was in the IB Theatre class this past year and it was a blast! I chose to take the class because I have always enjoyed acting, but I could never fit any theatre related activities in my schedule before. When I decided to take the IB Programme, this class was definitely an enticing factor, and I'm really glad I chose to take it! I first became interested in theatre when I was in second grade and got to say a line in my cousin's play at Harvard. For the next seven years, I decided I was going to become a famous actress. Although that's not my dream anymore, I still enjoy being involved in theatre. I'm an energetic, hard-working, crazy and adventurous person. Outside of school, I run cross-country and track, and in my spare time, (HA! that doesn't actually exist in IB ;)) I enjoy reading, swimming, and travelling. I don't really know what I want to do with my life or where I want to go to college. I know I'm almost in my senior year now and should know these things, but I'm only 16 (for 11 more days) and I'm still trying to figure out what I want to pursue. I am most looking forward to having new people in our class. This past year, we only had 6 people, which was wonderful, but I also think it will be a new and exciting experience to have more people that can contribute their perspectives because that is often the way to learn even more. My theatrical experience entails making my debut on the Harvard stage, taking this class, participating in the middle school musicals, and overall enjoying attending theatrical performances. I know this is way over 100 words, but you'll find that I always have a lot to say :)

No comments:

Post a Comment