Monday, August 19, 2013

Colorado Summer

In April, we found out that my dad had gotten a job he applied for in Colorado as the Colorado State Forester. His job started July 1st, but I wanted to finish my senior year here, so my mom and I will stay here. However, my dad and oldest sister left for Colorado in mid-June. Then, my mom and I went out to join them for a month starting in mid-July. Because I didn't know anybody there, I had more time to go do things with my family. It also meant that I wanted to get some more theatre experiences out in Colorado. I thought it would be really cool to see if being across the country would change the theatre experience. There's a few theaters around here, but I've been to a lot of them, so I was excited to be able to try something new. We were in the city of Fort Collins, and one thing I thought was really cool was that they would often have performances in Old Town, which was essentially the major center of the city with all these cool shops and things to do. For example, on Wednesday nights they would have jazz nights, and often on the weekends there would be people playing their instruments as we walked along. It was really cool to see all these different performances going on in a casual setting, yet it felt like a professional performance.
Here is a link for information about the different upcoming performances
http://www.beetstreet.org/streetmosphere

No comments:

Post a Comment