Thursday, November 1, 2012

Reflection

As this is the end of my first marking period in IB Theatre HL I, I thought it would be appropriate for a reflection on what I've learned/ experienced so far. WOW! What a fantastic learning experience taking this class has proved to be! I've already learned so much about theatre practices I didn't even know existsed! Theatre of cruelty and epic theatre have taken me to all new realms of possibility, but they have also taught me that appreciating theatre does not mean that you have to like anything. I am certainly not a fan of either epic theatre or theatre of cruelyt because I don't like how they pick at the sub-conscious. However, just because I don't like them doesn't mean I shouldn't learn about them, hence my RI on epic theatre. I have also been incredibly forutnate this marking period to experience theatre performances!! We had a fabulous trip into the theatre world at Penn State, showing me how versatile theatre studies can prove to be. I look forward to learning even more theatre practices, as well as trying to go experienc etheatre around me even more. I know this will be integral to my evolving studies throughout this course. I <3 THEATRE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment