Sunday, October 14, 2012

Neutral Mask Workshop

Theatre in the Making:
On October 3rd, 2012 we did a neutral mask worshop in class where we stood in front of a mirror and did various movements with a blank mask on.
How do the different positions make me feel?
They made my body feel disconnected from my face. I felt like my joints were moving and since my face was a blank slate, I had to rely on my body movements. My body movements had to convey my emotions and some of them felt creepier than others.
How far can I safely extend my movements beyond everyday measures?
I can extend them as far as they go and make them seem longer. For example, when I leaned my head to the side, I stretched out my arm and fingertips to make my arm look longer. I also tried to stick out my opposite leg, but I couldn't exactly balance, so that limited me. I tried to make my arms seem disconnected, so they looked more dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment